Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Friday, March 12, 2010

Freezer Organization Part 2

Last Friday night I had a burst of inspiration and cleaned out my fridge and freezer.  We've lived here for 1 1/2 years...and I had not properly cleaned the freezer or refrigerator in all that time.

I bought some plastic bins to attempt to contain and organize a bit better.  I used one bin for vegetables.  Beside it I put some of our frozen fruit (and a bowl of French onion soup).
The other is for prepared meats like my leftover chicken, meatballs, and such, but not large meats like whole chickens or roasts.
The best freezer surprise: leftover cinnamon rolls from Christmas day.  They were a sweet reward after all was clean!  (And I just realized that I never shared that recipe with readers...I will need to do that!)

The weirdest surprise: I found a feather from about 9 months ago when we were helping Meghan learn how to blow properly.  Weird.

The worst surprise: Apparently organizing the freezer didn't really create any more room in the freezer.  I actually struggled to find a "proper" home for some stuff.

I have used the bins for a week now, and think they are working out pretty well for me.  My freezer is well-used.  I know not everyone is like us, but I just wanted to share what is working for us.

You can read Freezer Organization Part 1 from last summer and how I have changed my way to freeze chicken breasts and pork chops.

2 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

I can't wait for that recipe! I love cinnamon rolls.

Mark said...

sounds like you need to buy a chest freezer for more room :-)

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10