Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Monday, March 29, 2010

Homemade Resurrection Eggs

Now that our daughter is 3 1/2, it is important for us to focus on the real meaning of Easter.  Though she doesn't completely understand the how and why of Jesus' death and resurrection, we want M to understand that Easter is not just eggs, bunnies, and baskets.


For our resurrection eggs, I used an empty egg carton, plastic eggs, and some small items to tell what actually happened to Jesus.  The following items are in the eggs.  I chose not to put the verse inside the egg, though I have them listed on a piece of paper.  I numbered each of the eggs to help tell the story in order.  (Click on verses to read the Scripture verses.)

Please read about all the verses and items I placed in our homemade Resurrection Eggs over at This Simple Home.  I have even created a Resurrection Eggs printable for you!!

We have been using these for years, and I am amazed at how my children can use these to tell the story of Jesus' death and resurrection!!

7 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

I think it's great that you made your own. I bet they are much nicer than the store bought variety we have.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Very nice! We've been trying to get away from eggs, and bunnies entirely, over the last couple of years - but I like the idea of these.

Ticia said...

I'm kinda thinking about getting the storebought one for the luxury of the plastic case...... But, I so want to do a homemade one too. Oh the temptations.

Anonymous said...

I love the Resurrection eggs. I am planning on making some for my Sunday School Class.

Mark said...

great idea, Annette - the Resurrection Eggs are a bit pricey, never thought about making them up instead. Going to link to this on my blog

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I think it's great to have those tangible objects that make any story more "real" to young children. We read some Easter stories this year, but Anna is fixated on "Jesus died" part rather than on "and then He has risen'. Needless to say that she is not very willing to retell the story back to me.

Unknown said...

This is WONDERFUL definitely working on this with my little ones this weekend!

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10