Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Salt Dough Ornament Keepsake

We did a bit of a different salt dough ornament. I took a bowl and cut a circle to make a keepsake ornament instead of a cookie cutter type. The plan was to have the kids' hand prints in the circle. E (13 months) would make a lovely hand print and then dig deep enough to put holes in it. After 8-10 tries, I went to the back up plan. I think it turned out well.

My only regret is that I didn't do this keepsake sooner.

Read about how to make your own Salt Dough Ornaments at my new blog.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

We are also planning on making some salt dough ornaments this month but I was wondering what kind of paint did you use?

The Activity Mom said...

Love it! What a special keepsake.

Crystal said...

What a great idea. I hope I have time to try this.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I wish I did it sooner too. Maybe something to try this Christmas season at least!

Bran said...

I love the footprint.

Anonymous said...

Oh I have done these before, :) Yalls came out Great.

ALF said...

Love this idea-I am definitely going to try this this year as Christmas gifts for the parents or preschoolers at church. I'm always trying to come up with something the kids can help with-this is perfect!

emegren said...

I am going to do this with my boys! My mom still has mine that I made in preschool. new follower, too!

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10