Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Manger


I made this manger to go with the Jesse Tree that didn't happen (yet) and the advent calendar with the tiny story books. Each day we read a new little book for the advent calendar and put a piece of hay (yarn) in the manger to prepare for Jesus' birth.
I used mini and regular popsicles to make the rectangular manger. I just used craft glue for the base and sides. Then to make the sides stay in place, I used hot glue.

6 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

What a great visual!

Ticia said...

Love it, I so need to break out the popsicle sticks.

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

Oh my goodness, this is awesome! What a great idea - where were you when I needed a manger last year?? :) This will be a great craft for M to do next year. We will definitely need a new manger by then - the little cardboard one doesn't have much life left in it! Thanks for sharing this - very cute!

silly eagle books said...

This is really cute!

Megret said...

Just letting you know you've won a book from a giveaway at my site, Muse Reviews! I sent you an email but thought I'd contact you here, as well, to make sure you send over your info. My email: musesofmegret (at) gmail (dot) com

Congrats!

Miller Moments said...

What a cute idea!

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10