Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Summer Fun - The summer's been busy. Over breakfast I recently asked Big Sister what she wanted to do that day. She thought of something we hadn't done since the early ...

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Manger


I made this manger to go with the Jesse Tree that didn't happen (yet) and the advent calendar with the tiny story books. Each day we read a new little book for the advent calendar and put a piece of hay (yarn) in the manger to prepare for Jesus' birth.
I used mini and regular popsicles to make the rectangular manger. I just used craft glue for the base and sides. Then to make the sides stay in place, I used hot glue.

7 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

What a great visual!

Ticia said...

Love it, I so need to break out the popsicle sticks.

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

Oh my goodness, this is awesome! What a great idea - where were you when I needed a manger last year?? :) This will be a great craft for M to do next year. We will definitely need a new manger by then - the little cardboard one doesn't have much life left in it! Thanks for sharing this - very cute!

vanessa said...

This is really cute!

Megret said...

Just letting you know you've won a book from a giveaway at my site, Muse Reviews! I sent you an email but thought I'd contact you here, as well, to make sure you send over your info. My email: musesofmegret (at) gmail (dot) com

Congrats!

Miller Moments said...

What a cute idea!

Christy said...

Very nice idea.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Summer Fun - The summer's been busy. Over breakfast I recently asked Big Sister what she wanted to do that day. She thought of something we hadn't done since the early ...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10