Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Monday, December 28, 2009

Baby Jesus

This baby Jesus is made from felt.  Though he was simple to make, he was done just in time since I procrastinated.



I cut two gray ovals and then a small oval for his face.  After embroidering the eyes, mouth, and nose, I stitched the face to the gray "blanket".  Derek suggested that it needed some blanket folds.  I just used some triangular-shaped scraps to add the folds and thought it added the right touch.

Christmas morning when M found the last advent book for our calendar, baby Jesus was there to be added to the manger instead of a piece of hay.  She knew exactly who he was and what to do with him.

I was really pleased with our advent calendar and how we prepared for baby Jesus' birth by adding a piece of  "hay" daily to the manger.  We'll definitely do it again next year!  I also want to do this Jesse Tree and with the felt tree I already made.

2 comments:

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

He's adorable!! How sweet that M knew to put him in the manger. :)

The Activity Mom said...

That turned out great!

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10