Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Monday, December 21, 2009

Painting

Do you ever get a package in the mail with a ridiculous amount of paper in it as packing material?  Instead of just tossing it all, I thought it'd be fun to do some large-scale painting.

M changed from her white sweatpants to shorts.

M asked for her name to be written.  She did a great job writing each letter.  Though you can't tell by looking at the final painting, as I watched her, she made all the proper strokes.

She also learned that mixing red and green will make brown.

Then we made a second painting using just her footprints.  She loved this.

The paper is like a newsprint, so I was glad to have the newspaper down to protect the floor, even though the  tempera paint is washable.

Before painting I had pulled M's hair into two ponytails.  As soon as she began painting, I realized that they could turn into paintbrushes, too, so I had to pull her ponytails into one ponytail.  I did it just in time.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Aren't you clever? I never once thought about this. What a brilliant idea! (oh, by the way...I have a new blog, which is why I am showing up under a new name)

Kristi Miller

Cindy said...

We've done this. Why waste paper right? Glad you thought of using M's hair as a paint brush before she did b/c I am sure she would have. Our kiddos are pretty creative like that.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

She looks so cute in the footprint picture, and it looks like she had a lot of fun with it. A lot of our Christmas painting attempts turned into brown blobs due to Anna's color mixing experiments :)

Deborah Stewart said...

I love this! I always have extra paper from packing boxes and never thought to use it for an art experience. Thanks for sharing.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10