Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Showing Off Artwork

I keep a handful of M's artwork from school (mittens below), but mostly I like to keep projects that we do together. My fridge can only handle so much, so this past week I started hanging projects in our cupboards.



First I explained to M that every time I opened the cupboard doors, I would get a special surprise. Then I showed her the surprise! She loved seeing them hanging inside. When her daddy came home, she showed him the surprise, too. And my refrigerator isn't quite as crowded now.

These cupboards are displaying a pair of mittens (from school) and city (from home) and E's first scribble drawing.

How do you organize artwork?  When I was a teacher I used a clothesline and had colorful clothespins.  It was a hit!

5 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Good idea - that just might work in our house.

Ticia said...

Pretty much all of ours goes into a bin to be used for wrapping paper...... It works for us.

Cindy said...

We've done that too. Especially works well when you have one that gets upset when you throw any of their artwork away. I got in trouble just yesterday for taking down the card Drew made for Ryan for Valentines. In his new room I am putting cork board up on his closet doors.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I like "surprise" idea - we might hang some artwork in Anna's cabinets. We display her latest and greatest on the whiteboard in the kitchen.

Miller Moments said...

I love that idea! Going to try it right now. :)

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10