Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Remember the Heroes - September 11. These figures sit above my kitchen sink. They serve as daily reminder to pray for the police, first responders, and military men and women wh...

Friday, June 4, 2010

What I Do with My Books

If you have been reading for any length of time, you know I enjoy reviewing books...mostly children's books and Christian fiction.

You might wonder what I do with my review books, or if I just put them on my bookshelf, never to be read again.

I keep the children's books.  My children love to read, and we love to read to them.

The books that I review for me are a bit different.  Non-fiction books that I will continue to use as a resource will be put on my bookshelf.  If I don't intend to read it again, it will need a new home.  Christian fiction books are sometimes loaned to friends, but my church library gets some of these, too.

I also want to start something new...something to reward my readers without an actual giveaway.  For those of you who comment on my book review posts, I may randomly choose you to get my gently read review book.  I still want to give to my church library, and I don't want to spend a ton on postage, but every once in a while, I will pass along a book to a blogging friend.  It is just a little way to say thanks for reading-and commenting!  You know that comments are a huge encouragement!

7 comments:

Jennifer @ The Toy Box Years said...

This is a great idea!!! I may "borrow" this idea from you!

Have a great weekend!

Lisa said...

Cool idea. I wish our church had a library.

Carrie said...

It's certainly interesting to hear what you do with your books. I do any number of things with my review copies. I do have a little stack here for future giveaways... =)

Laura Fabiani said...

What a great idea! And how generous.

Miller Moments said...

What a sweet idea!

Ticia said...

That's a cool idea. I've thought about doing reviews like that, but I know I'd be horrid at getting them up on a timely basis.

OutnumberedMama said...

I have a little something over on my blog for you! Check it out: Busy Moms Who Love To Read

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Remember the Heroes - September 11. These figures sit above my kitchen sink. They serve as daily reminder to pray for the police, first responders, and military men and women wh...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10