Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Heart Mosaic

Spoiler Alert: Grandmas of M and E, Mother's Day is coming soon, so you may not want to continue reading.

After a recent rainbow project, I thought it'd be fun to make a little mosaic.  M, our 3 1/2 year old, has mastered cutting recently.  After cutting strips of paper for her, she finished preparations on the mosaic tiles, as seen below.  (Apparently part of the earlier problem was that I had her cutting with her left hand, since she is left handed.  However, she cuts very well with her right hand.)
I had cut the black heart.  M covered the heart with a glue (from a glue stick) and placed little tiles all over it.





















With older children, they will likely want to have some odd shapes and not just squares so they can fill in the spaces well, while leaving adequate negative space around each tile.

M LOVED this project.  We've made many of these little heart mosaics for her grandmothers to celebrate Mother's Day.

What else can we do with little squares?  (Half of her love was the cutting!)

1 comment:

RedTedArt said...

This is such a cute little craft - I love that it is simple enough to practice cutting skills and of course sticking!

Thank you for linking up :-)

Maggy

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10