Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Monday, May 3, 2010

Amazing...Speech Update (and Speech History)

This is a bit emotional...filled with gratitude and amazement at what God has done.  I shared this on our family blog, but want to share it with my friends here, too.

In February of 2009 (at age 27 months) M was diagnosed (not just suspected) with verbal dyspraxia (also know as apraxia).  You can read my original post here, if you like.  Her therapist suspected apraxia, and after reading about it (which was incredibly hard) and clearly seeing the signs for myself, I scheduled a formal evaluation through AI DuPont Children's Hospital.  So it was over a year ago that she was diagnosed with it.

Read the fully updated story of how my daughter overcame verbal apraxia.

7 comments:

Ticia said...

What an amazing miracle from God!
I'm so happy for you!

Carrie said...

Hurray! What a wonderful and inspiring story! God is so good. I'm sure there's quite a bit of happy dancing on your end. Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

I enjoyed reading this. I so remember crying in front of the computer when my son was about 2 - and we thought he had apraxia...and of course, at age 9, he doesn't shut up now. I like your thought of "her speech doesn't need to define her." I'm so glad for you that she's progressed so quickly and so well. To God be the glory!

My life as a Home Engineer said...

Thank you for your post! I just discovered your site when reading an entry you made on babycenter (http://community.babycenter.com/post/a1549165/anyone_dealing_with_apraxia). I have a three year old son who was diagnosed with Apraxia in April of this year. He was also diagnosed with cancer (rhabdomyosarcoma) in January of this year so it's been a really rough time. He's in speech therapy and making amall strides and he's been through radiation and still going through chemotherapy as I type. This year has been rough but we've put our little boy in the Lord's hands. I just saw your link off of babycenter and was inspired by this post and wanted to thank you for writing it!

God Bless
LaToya
(trustinggodnomatterwhat.blogspot.com)

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

We have had similar experiences with our 2 ½ year old though she has as of yet not received a firm diagnoses. The good new is that she has done extremely well with therapy and after hearing of your daughter’s remarkable progress I am confident that that progress will continue.

chris said...

I'm so happy to read this happy ending. I'm actually an audiologist by training, and did a lot of SLP studies in my undergraduate work. It is wonderful that the Lord puts people in our paths to help us find solutions. I have to remind myself sometimes that God loves my children more than I do, and He wants them to succeed even more than I do. With faith and hard work, there is always a way.

Angela said...

Thank you for sharing your story! It has given me hope for my 2 year old son.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10