Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Friday, May 28, 2010

Any Time Rolls

I just love fresh, warm bread.  My bread machine makes a 1 1/2 or 2 pound loaf at a time.  We tend to eat a lot when the bread is fresh and hot, but not so much after it cools unless we have company for dinner.

I decided to turn my bread dough (from the machine) into rolls.  You can, too.  It's really easy.

First, I made my favorite bread recipe in the bread maker (no special recipe needed).  After the dough was mixed, I broke the dough into pieces and rolled it into little balls, as seen below.
I placed the dough balls on a cookie sheet.  For crustier rolls, space them about 2 inches apart.  For softer rolls, place them closer together so that when they bake they touch edges.  You can even bake them directly in a cake pan if you want softer rolls.

Let your dough balls rise as directed in your recipe.  Then bake them just until they are starting to turn brown.

When completely cooled, separate your rolls, if desired, and freeze your rolls in a zipper freezer bag.

When you want fresh, steaming rolls, pull them from the freezer and bake for 7-10 minutes at 350 degrees!  It really is that simple!  

1 comment:

Miller Moments said...

Yum! I like the idea of freezing them.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10