Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Children's Bible Review Series

The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His NameIt all started with my appreciation for The Jesus Storybook Bible.  We've had it for nearly a year, and I am amazed at how the author, Sally Loyd-Jones, weaves Jesus into each story.  Then I realized that it would be fun to highlight all of our children's Bibles, since I like to know what others think when it comes to a Bible-something I will purchase, and not just borrow from the library.

So be on the lookout for a series of children's Bible reviews!  Some Bibles will be from our own collection, while others are "official" reviews where the publisher provided the Bible for us to include in this series.

Included in this series of reviews will be lift-the-flap board Bibles, Bibles with very short story passages, storybook Bibles, and illustrated Bibles for older children.  Throughout there will be a couple of giveaways, too!  At the end, I will wrap up with a Top Picks post, letting you know which Bible in each category is my favorite.

2 comments:

Ticia said...

I LOVE this idea! I can't wait to see what you recommend. I finally broke down and bought the Jesus Storybook Bible, I gave up on winning it. I love it, and Jeff hates the illustrations, so we argue about it. Sigh.

Miller Moments said...

Fun! Looking forward to it.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10