Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Right Click Disable

Designer Blogs explains how to right-click-disable on your blog.  Not only that, a box also pops up to warn the person clicking they need permission to proceed!  I love this!  (You can see it in action by trying to right click on this blog!)  Get more information here.  It was really easy to do!  Of course, there are ways around this, but I do like the idea of a little alert for someone who mistakenly tries to copy a picture or text.)

Now if everyone would just give credit where credit is due...I try, and I hope you do, too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had been wondering how people did that! Thanks! It's nice knowing that my pictures and content can be safe.

The only time that I get annoyed with the "right clicked disabled" is when I want to visit a link, but I am not ready to leave the blog I was on, I usually like to open the link in a new tab, but can't when right click is disabled.

Annette W. said...

Angie, You could try opening the link in a new page by clicking it the same time as "control."

Deborah Stewart said...

Thank you - this was helpful!

Dorie said...

Thank you so much! I now feel a bit more comfortable with posting pictures.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10