Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Monday, November 8, 2010

Play-Doh Placemat

The mornings when M does not have school sometimes drag a bit when I refuse to turn on the television.  I have found that Play-Doh is now a great way for us to pass a lot of time-together-and not just when E is napping.  We loved this with M, now 4 since she was just 2 years old.  I'm thankful that E, age 2, is now able to join us for the fun for long periods of time.

We have the Play-Doh duffle bag, and really, I think it is perfect for a preschooler-and the right price!  This last time we added plastic knives to the bag.  M immediately made chocolate chip cookies, as pictured below.

E was all about the cookie cutters this time.  

M is now old enough that she wants to use multiple colors.  We do this very carefully, and she came up with the idea on her own to use more than one color.  Below you can see her spaghetti and meatballs.  
My children also enjoy their Play-Doh placemats that I made for them.  You could just use card stock or computer paper and type their names, alphabet, and numbers.  You can even cut shapes out like I did for E or the child's name like I did for M.  Then just laminate it!  I do love my little laminator, but if you don't have one, you could use contact paper or take your placemats to your local teacher store to laminate.  I made these years ago, but if I were to do it again, I would let the children decorate the placemats themselves.

The Play-Doh placemat reminds the children where the dough is supposed to be, and of course, is easy to clean up.  We must sweep after every play time, so maybe I need a floor mat, too.  Hmm.

I'm linking this up to ABC and 123's show and tell!  Check it out!

5 comments:

Dorie said...

The Play-Dough place mats are a terrific idea. A great way to play and learn!
Thank you for sharing it.

"FAITH" said...

Play dough is so much fun and the duffel bag is really neat. I wish they had that when my boys were little. The mats are just great. I just got myself a laminator. Maybe something to make and sell at our Christmas shop this year, or something like it. : )

Carrie said...

Ah! I needed an idea for something to do today. Bookworm1 loves playing playdoh so we might just have to pull out our stash today!

Caz said...

What a great idea! I will definitely be making some of these for my girls, a new way to play with playdough is always most welcome at this house :-D Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

cool....

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10