Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Little Jewelery Box

My daughter has quite the collection of dress-up jewelery.  It probably didn't help when my son broke a necklace and he replaced it with a four necklace, four bracelet, four ring set-all for $1!  I'd been wanting M to have an appropriate jewelery box instead of her little plastic sandwich baggie.

I found a decent sized wooden box at Jo Anne's.  It's about 6x6 inches.  To spice it up (and cover the cheap wood), I painted it white.  Mod Podged a 5x5 piece of scrapbook paper on top, and stippled the sides for color.  Obviously, the scrapbook paper didn't cooperate with all of those wrinkles.  I embellished the flower paper with three-dimensional butterfly stickers that coordinated a bit.
(Photos taken on M's comforter that is purple, green, and a bit of blue.)
This was given to M for her fourth birthday.

6 comments:

Dorie said...

I love it! What a great idea to make her a jewelry box. It looks so feminine and a precious place for her to put her jewelry treasures from her brother.

Ticia said...

How cute! I'm debating on a jewelry box for Princess. My fear is she'll dump the jewelry out and use it for hauling around and storing random toys.

Miller Moments said...

It think it turned out great!!

Carrie said...

Cute! Has she seen it yet? Bet she loves it!

Christy Killoran said...

That is so cute. R has two jewelry boxes, but most of her jewelry is spread about around her room.

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

My daughter loves jewelery boxes! And this one looks absolutely adorable.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10