Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Cards!

Christmas 2008
M, 2 years old
E, 2 months old
Christmas cards.  You either love them or hate them!  I love them.  When sending or receiving, I appreciate a personal note and a reminder of the children's ages, if applicable.  Even the years that I have typed a letter, I still included a personal note, because I like to get the note instead of just a signature.  I also like photos of our friends and family!

Since having children we have included a photo as part of our Christmas cards.  The year M was born we created a beautiful photo card...and M looked like a 2 month old punk rocker with her (naturally) spiky hair.  The following year we included a snapshot of M in front of the Christmas tree.  The next year we not only moved into a new home, but we added our son to our family.  I learned to play with (free) Picasa's digital editing program and created a collage that I still love to this day (pictured at the left).  By using Shutterfly's incredible deal of 50 free 4x6 prints just for signing up, that year's Christmas card photos were incredibly cheap.  Since then I have used Shutterfly many times for prints because it fits my budget.  You can have prints shipped to you or picked up at Target, CVS, or Walgreens in an hour, and they guarantee your satisfaction!  If you have any questions about creating a collage, please ask!  It's such fun to create your own collage from scratch, but only pay for a regular 4x6 print!

This year, I'm looking at Christmas cards again, even though it's only November.  Shutterfly has holiday and  Christmas photo cards, and even note cards, like my favorite-Lovely Branches Green.

Bloggers, if you are interested in 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly, follow the arrowà  http://bit.ly/sfly2010 

Though I will receive 50 cards for sharing this post, I hope you will check them out, especially for 50 free prints for anyone-not just bloggers!  They earned my attention years ago with that great incentive!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I think Shutterfly cards are cute!

And, I LOVE Christmas cards. (Was addressing envelopes last night, actually, in happy anticipation.)

Lynn said...

I just designed and ordered ours too, and I'm so in love with it! I was able to customize it to make the inside be a birth announcement for our newborn, and the outside be a more traditional christmas card.

Julia said...

I did my card through shutterfly this year and I must say that I am quite impressed with them! I really like how many options I found there and they have some great prices right now.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10