Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Maud Hart Lovelace Reading Challenge

Betsy-Tacy (Betsy-Tacy Books)If you have been reading this blog for the past year, you might remember that last year I talked a bit about the children's book series Betsy-Tacy, written by Maud Hart Lovelace (click for the post).

Betsy-Tacy and Tib (Betsy-Tacy Books)Betsy-Tacy is a book series that grows with the reader.  In the first book, Betsy-Tacy, the friends are about five years old.  But in later books, they are in high school and eventually there is talk of marriage!

Last year I read Betsy-Tacy, and Betsy, Tacy, and Tib, the second book in the series that introduces Tib, the girls' new friend.


These books are absolutely delightful!  If you are a fan of Anne of Green Gables or Little Women, I think you will like them.  Sarah, at The Library Hospital, will have the Maud Hart Lovelace Reading Challenge in October!  She is even offering several MHL books as incentive to participate, so if you are interested in winning, let her know your plans to participate so you might win!  


I only have Betsy-Tacy, but I am hoping to win more of Maud's books...and you can, too!  In addition to The Library Hospital giving some of Maud's books away, Carrie at Reading to Know is offering a Betsy giveaway right now with Betsy books from junior high all the way to Betsy's wedding!  

I can't wait to read these with M when she's a bit older!

2 comments:

Bluerose said...

I had never heard of these before seeing them @ Reading to Know. Now I can't wait to read them!! The library in my town is pitiful, but I'm going to see if they have them. :)

Miller Moments said...

These are my absolute favorite books. I started reading them in the 3rd grade and have read them over and over again. My mom even read them when she was a child. They are timeless. Did you know that the illustrator Lois Lenski (she did the covers for the original Betsy-Tacy books) has some childrens books? They are darling. We are reading The Little Farmer right now.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10