Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fudge (Nut) Bars Recipe

This is a recipe from Derek's family, though I was eating them long before I met Derek through another family.  I remember asking what "that cookie" was called, and I was told Fudge Nut Bars.  I explained that it must be something else because that yummy cookie didn't have any nuts.  Silly me.  I've had these made by several different people, and no one I know uses nuts, but they are still called Fudge Nut Bars.  

Fudge Nut Bars are one of two ways my husband eats oatmeal.  The other way is with No Bake Cookies.  

This weekend I made a batch to help out with a fundraiser event for a family at our church since some finger goodies were needed.  It makes a good amount, so I kept the top and bottom edges for us, while sharing the "good" stuff with the others.
Forgive my blurry fudge nut bars.
Fudge Nut Bars

Batter
1 cup butter, softened
2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick oats

Beat together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.  Then mix and add flour, soda, and salt.  Then mix in oats.  Dough will be sticky!

Chocolate
1 cup sweetened condensed milk (14 oz can)
1 tablespoon butter
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt

Melt together over low heat.  

Optional-add 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired.

Spread 2/3 of dough in 11x15 jelly roll pan.  I need to use my hands to do it, (and remember the dough is sticky). Spread chocolate mixture on top.  Crumble remaining dough on top.  Some chocolate will show.

Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.

When cooled, cut into bars.  My bars are usually 1x2 inches...give or take.  These freeze great!  If you have any questions, please just ask!

1 comment:

Christy Killoran said...

I'll have to try that recipe. I think it's funny that they are called fudge nut bars.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10