Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Minor Complications

M, our 3 year old and E both have hand, foot, mouth disease (not related to the seizure). The doctor M saw has said she's no longer contagious, but she is not allowed at the hospital because of all the sensitive patients. Understandable of course. It makes me sad because tomorrow we will celebrate E's birthday. This shouldn't complicate our time at the hospital other than some basic changes like the staff wearing gowns and gloves and M not allowed to be here. E has diarrhea due to the antibiotic. Today he sat up like a big boy, so his strength is back. However he spent much of the day crying. It is exhausting for us, as his parents to see and hear this. He also fights sleep something awful. It's almost 8 o'clock and I'm going to try to go to bed in a while.

5 comments:

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

Does this have anything to do with his seizure? I'm assuming not, but just curious. I'm so sorry M can't be there, especially on E's birthday. :( I'm sorry he is having such a tough time of it; it's hard to see such a small child so unhappy and sick. I'm still praying for you, and I hope you will be cleared to go home by Monday! Thanks for keeping us updated.

kw said...

I am praying for you guys!

Adriana said...

I am so sorry that you guys are having such a hard time. We will continue our prayers for your family.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear that Evan is improving. We'll keep your family in our thoughts and prayers for his complete recovery. We loved all the family birthday photos!!

Ticia said...

Just now getting a chance to sit and comment.
I'm so sorry to hear M won't get to see E because of being sick. I'll keep praying for your little guy to continue getting better.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10