Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Summer Fun - The summer's been busy. Over breakfast I recently asked Big Sister what she wanted to do that day. She thought of something we hadn't done since the early ...

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How to Build an A ~ by Sara Midda

We really like the book called How to Build an A. It's written by Sara Midda. It comes with a mesh bag filled with pieces to form letters including long and short rectangles and big and little "bumps/rainbows." Each page has a simple sentence and matching illustration. There's also a small illustration to show how to build the letter. Can you see the capital and lower case i's below? M needs help with a lot of the letters, but there are others that she loves to make on her own. Doesn't the D look nice framing her face?
In full disclosure some letters are hard to make because the pieces need to be stacked in order to fit. (To make a capital B, the two bumps have to overlap a bit. It's a bit awkward, but I don't see any solution to it.)
I highly recommend this book for three and four year olds!

4 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

I hadn't heard of this book. It sounds fun!

Cindy said...

I just bought this book. But I haven't opened it yet, b/c I am not sure if Drew is ready for it. We shall see.

Raising a Happy Child said...

Pretty interesting. These pieces look like something that comes with Handwriting Without Tears, I think. It's a nice way to learn letter formation!

Miller Moments said...

Sounds cute! I'll have to see if I can track it down.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Summer Fun - The summer's been busy. Over breakfast I recently asked Big Sister what she wanted to do that day. She thought of something we hadn't done since the early ...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10