I'm hoping to add some personal thoughts most weeks by jumping in with Friday's Fave Five hosted by Living to Tell the Story.
Some favorites this week...
1. Our church. I love all of it, but today will be my first time at Bible study since October (due to baby's arrival). Despite the distance, I really appreciate our church. (Someday I do hope that we will have a church closer to home so we can be more active and develop more relationships. We didn't always live 35-40 minutes from the church.)
2. Routine. I miss Derek's long vacation at home and having our five year old at home, too. But really, it is good to get back into routine even if I am on duty all night with the baby and there is no more sleeping in until 8 o'clock. But really, routine is good for all of us, right? It's also great when that baby broke "routine" the other night and slept till 6 AM, a full 1 1/2 hours past her daddy!
3. De-cluttered bedroom. While my husband was home for eleven days from work, I finally put several piles of clothes in their rightful places, including my maternity clothes in the basement!
4. Sharing from our abundance. I dropped several bags of adult clothes, toys, and miscellaneous household items to our local thrift store. A box of toys are waiting for my sister. It feels good to share from our abundance!
5. Reading the Bible SLOWLY. After reading through the Bible in one year, I am thankful to be taking it slowly. I will be reading and thinking on just one chapter a day! My Bible 360 blog is also helping to make this a bit interactive with some nice discussions. This is working well for now, but I know if I want to stay in one book or even one chapter or verse for an extended period of study, I will be flexible. Join us?
Have a great weekend!
News from Annette - Maybe you've observed my absence from this blog. Or maybe, you're a bit like me, and you're too busy to notice. Though I'm not blogging regularly, I am cer...