Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Loving One-on-One - I only have three children. You wouldn't think it would be difficult to spend time with each of them doing something special. Or maybe you understand compl...

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tablecloth Storage

About once a year we have enough family visiting us that we need to bring out the folding tables.  Folding tables require tablecloths.

This year when the family descended upon us for Christmas, I did not have time to iron our tablecloths.  Oops.  (Trust me, with my baby ironing a tablecloth for a casual, family dinner without wrinkles was not a priority.)  However, I remembered a tip that I learned on some morning show years ago about tablecloth storage that I implemented before putting the tablecloths away.

Hang a tablecloth on a pants hanger to keep it wrinkle-free in storage.
Since my tablecloths came out of the dryer wrinkle-free, I did not iron them.  Instead, I just promptly folded them and hung them with the pants hanger.  I made sure to hang them along the hem and not the fold.  Instead of using valuable room in my closet where the tablecloths could be smooshed and wrinkled, I hung them in our laundry closet.  It works for me!  

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I try to avoid using tablecloths because I HATE ironing. But this is a clever idea! Wouldn't have thought of that myself!

Rachel said...

That's very smart! :D Great idea!

~Rachel~

Bluerose said...

Our table is an old one that used to belong to my grandmother, so we have to use tablecloths at least until we re-finish the top. We've been hanging them up to save room, but we've been folding them the wrong way!! That's a great idea! I think ironing is my least favorite chore ever! :P

Ticia said...

I love tablecloths. I keep a protective cover on my tables, so I use them all the time because otherwise it's ugly.

I need to do this because then I don't have to do the whole unpile stuff to get to it thing.

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

Great idea! I hate ironing as well and avoid it at all costs. Poor hubby has to iron his own clothes because I won't do it.

Dorie said...

This is a fabulous idea - one I should be using! Our table cloths are stored in drawers - and oh, it is awful how wrinkled they get. Now, I'm thinking about where I could hang them instead. Hmmm...

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Loving One-on-One - I only have three children. You wouldn't think it would be difficult to spend time with each of them doing something special. Or maybe you understand compl...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10