Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Magnetic Fun

This is not my idea. This was given to me a year or two ago to be used as a serving tray. It's a cookie sheet. Then a place mat (maybe 1/8 inch thick) was cut around the cool designs. This one has bird houses on it. Each piece has several magnets on the back. Some of the magnets need to be hot glued on to the place mat, but it's pretty clever. M really enjoys playing with it. It's something fun and different.
I just thought I'd share in case you'd like to do something like this! I don't think it's fabulous as a serving tray, but it's certainly a hit as a manipulative toy! Enjoy!

4 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

I really like this idea!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is a great idea! Anna loves magnets, and I can see that it might be a big hit.

Christy Killoran said...

Cute! We have magnetic boards (they are the size of a cookie sheet) attached to our playroom wall with velcro (so they can be removed and taken in the car) and they get a lot of use. I like the idea of cutting place mats and adding magnets.

phasejumper said...

I would have never thought to use placemats....great idea!

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10