Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crayons

So in an attempt for some open-ended art...I let M choose her paper and go to town with her crayons. Well, her "going to town" didnt' last long. She isn't really into just drawing. Maybe one day. But not today (or any time soon). She barely added to what you see here. So we turned it over. She asked me to draw a rainbow. She colored it pretty well. Teaching My Little Bookworm is a wonderful resource for GOOD crafty ideas for children, and she is wonderful at connecting them to books, too. Do check it out! Also, if you are so inclined, participate in the open ended art-crayons this week. By doing so last week, I won some fall colored tissue paper! Also go there to see what others are doing with crayons...they're way better than this!

6 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

My kids don't last long with crayons either. You'll see what I mean if you read my post tomorrow. I don't understand it because I enjoy coloring. They seem to prefer markers and paints.

Gidget Girl Reading said...

aww its cute! :)

we did the melted crayon colored rocks and they loved that since it was bold and bright maybe try color slicks by crayola they are really bold and bright crayons!

my girls love crayons, markers, chalk! its in their blood i decided !:) heeehee

Your tissue paper will go out this weekend!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Anna is the opposite of Meghan here. She loves drawing, but couldn't care less about coloring. It's funny how different every child is, even so early in life.

Michelle Gibson said...

Great job focusing on her strengths by having her color!

Susana said...

We don't usually have much success with crayons either:-). Just doesn't seem to hold their attention very long, but hey--she did it and she made her rainbow. I'd say that was "mission accomplished"!!

Zonnah said...

too cute :) My little one is not much into drawing as well.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10