Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Patchwork Purse

I finally did it...I completed the patchwork purse for my sister, using a very much enlarged free Buttercup Bag pattern.









Amy chose ten different fat quarters and what she thought was a solar system fabric for the lining.  (The other side has the other fabrics, plus some of the ones on this side.) Was I surprised to see pirates?  Not really.  Amy's kind of funny like that.

I put in two bits of fabric on the inside to form pockets.  The long rectangular pocket is actually divided  into two pockets.














I had had this project hanging on my to-do list for many months.  My daughter even did some cutting of the patchwork fabric.  Thankfully I recovered.

This sideways photo shows you my Buttercup Bag compared to hers.  (You can see different one I made here.)  Yes, this is BIG!















This was a gift to Amy for her birthday.  The children also gave her a book called Tickle Monster since, well, Amy taught them all about the Tickle Monster.













I am so happy to be taking a sewing break!  I still intend to make some Christmas gifts, but for now, I am done with bad bobbins and seam ripping. 

8 comments:

"FAITH" said...

Annette it's beautiful. Love it.

Carrie said...

Heeeey, you did an AWESOME job! I particularly like the small green one. That looks so very cute!

LOVE Tickle Monster. =)

Rae said...

Woohoo! Hurray for patchwork! It looks great, Annette, thanks for sending me over! :)

Ticia said...

It turned out great! I bet she's going to love it.

Rachel said...

Oh, it is lovely! It came out great and you did a fabulous job redoing it after your little disaster. :) I am sure she will love it! I like that you made it larger...easy way to get a new look. ;)

Blessings to you and the family! :D
~Rachel~

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

It turned out beautifully, and I'm sure the mishap story attached to it, will make it even more special, as a gift :)

Dorie said...

Wow, the purse looks great! You did a fabulous job sewing it.

Debbie Phillips said...

Annette, it came out great. Even with the cutting mishap.

This comment is also to let you know you have been tagged. You're It!

Go to my blog to see what to do.

Here is the post: http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com/2010/10/tag-im-it.html

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10