Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Friday, April 16, 2010

Buttercup Bag (#3)

I have now made my third Buttercup Bag.  It's simple enough for me to sew, though I have modified it to better fit my personal needs.  It's a free pattern that I definitely recommend.

Since the Buttercup Bag was designed to use just two fat quarters, it makes a pretty small purse.  I made my first a year ago with an orange outer fabric, and followed the directions.  Since it was a bit small, last fall I made a larger bag (115% enlarged) and included a dividing pocket and a little pocket for pens.  I also added interfacing to the outer bag and handle.  I made this bag the same way.  You can see the other bags here.














My daughter is modeling it for the picture.

When my husband saw that I had made a purse for me, he asked if I would tell my older sister.  You see, she requested me to sew her a bag last year.  Yep, for Christmas.  BUT my dear sister does not have my taste in fabrics and designs.  I gave up looking and asked her to buy her own fabric!  Pathetic, I know.  Since our visits are short, it wouldn't even be easy to get together to shop.  (We live hours apart.)  The good news is that she found some fabric...lots of fabric, actually.  She wants a patchwork style bag.  I just hope her expectations are low.  :)

So I will work on her bag after I get the fabric, and attempt another wallet for myself.  I also have intentions to use the pattern to make a couple for Christmas gifts for 2010.  Maybe if I start now it will happen.  Just don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

Miller Moments said...

I love it!!! So cute

Karen S. said...

I love the colors of bag #3. It is so springy and the colors flow right into summer. I would love to see the picture of the patchwork purse when you complete it. I bet it will look great!

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10