Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Basement Finds


This stack of books (plus another five or so) came from my basement.  I have BOXES of books from my teaching days.  Every few months I look to see what might be age appropriate and add them to the children's book collection.  M was most excited about Danny and the Dinosaur since she has read that book at school.  Charlie Brown's 'Cyclopedia: Featuring Your Body went back to the basement after a quick glance.  We'll save that one for a few more years.  M gets so excited when we get "new" books. 

7 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It's neat that you have those buried treasures. Lars brought over some of his childhood books, but obviously they are in German, and Anna isn't interested in listening to them. Library book sales help us build up our own library of children books.

Ticia said...

Man, I read those Charlie Brown 'Cyclopedias so many times as a kid.

Christy Killoran said...

Collin and Reagan love Danny and the Dinosaur!

Mozi Esme said...

Love this approach! I've been feeling guilty about the boxes of books I've got in our shop - but now I don't anymore... It'll be like Christmas when I pull them out!

Danny and the Dinosaur was a hit here, too, when we had it checked from the library.

silly eagle books said...

I love that you have basement books! How fun! Juliet's favorite book is Danny and the Dinosaur!

Carrie said...

What a great idea! And how awesome for your kids. Hey, that reminds me....we don't have a copy of The Giving Tree. Hmm...

Shanna said...

So funny! I come up with armloads of books every time I go down to the basement. And I remember that Charlie Brown book from when I was a kid, too. Smart Mama to keep it in the basement. ;-)

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10