Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Remember the Heroes - September 11. These figures sit above my kitchen sink. They serve as daily reminder to pray for the police, first responders, and military men and women wh...

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Prayer

How about you?  Do you pray?  As a Christian, I know my heavenly Father desires to talk to me and to hear my thoughts a regular basis.  In fact, He says we should pray continually.
       1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV) 
                 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in    Christ Jesus.


Yet despite prayer being my lifeline to God, along with the Bible, I just don't do it enough.  I certainly cannot say that I pray continually.  I cannot even say that I have a special time devoted just to prayer during my day that never changes.  


What I can say is that I am ever thankful for the grace that God gives me daily.  He gives me so much more than I deserve!  And he extends His mercy to me, too. 


Easter may be over, but I am ever thankful that Jesus died for me.  That He willingly gave himself up...for me and for you.  Without His blood, I'd be eternally separated from God.  


I know I'm not the only one who struggles with prayer, so I just wanted to remind you about the book that someone will win tomorrow.  It's called A Praying Life and you can win it by going here.  You don't need a blog to enter...just make sure you leave your email address.  It's a great book that has really addressed some of the issues that I (and many others) have regarding praying.

No comments:

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Remember the Heroes - September 11. These figures sit above my kitchen sink. They serve as daily reminder to pray for the police, first responders, and military men and women wh...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10