Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Prayer

How about you?  Do you pray?  As a Christian, I know my heavenly Father desires to talk to me and to hear my thoughts a regular basis.  In fact, He says we should pray continually.
       1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV) 
                 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in    Christ Jesus.


Yet despite prayer being my lifeline to God, along with the Bible, I just don't do it enough.  I certainly cannot say that I pray continually.  I cannot even say that I have a special time devoted just to prayer during my day that never changes.  


What I can say is that I am ever thankful for the grace that God gives me daily.  He gives me so much more than I deserve!  And he extends His mercy to me, too. 


Easter may be over, but I am ever thankful that Jesus died for me.  That He willingly gave himself up...for me and for you.  Without His blood, I'd be eternally separated from God.  


I know I'm not the only one who struggles with prayer, so I just wanted to remind you about the book that someone will win tomorrow.  It's called A Praying Life and you can win it by going here.  You don't need a blog to enter...just make sure you leave your email address.  It's a great book that has really addressed some of the issues that I (and many others) have regarding praying.

No comments:

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10