Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Adam and Eve

I will apologize now. Pictures are lacking for this post, but I will still share with you what we did last week as we talked about Adam and Eve and read it in the Bible.
My big focus attempt this week was talking about obedience. It still seems pretty hard for M to understand the word, but I'm sure she knows when she is not obeying us.
I don't like to say the fruit that was eaten from the tree was an apple since the Bible doesn't state what kind of fruit it was, but we did do some apple related activities.
  • Cut an apple open to see the star and counted the seeds. (There are always five seeds from my understanding.)
  • We made apple prints. We used red paint on yellow paper. Very sharp!
  • One special apple print was a single apple. We glued the apple seeds to the middle and M drew a stem. (We looked at an apple with a stem to choose the color first)
  • We snacked on apples and applesauce.
  • We made applesauce. (This was actually this week, but that's okay, right?)
  • We sorted "A" and "a" on two different apple mats. It is a Hubbard's Cupboard activity. You can find it here. It held M's attention very well. She also did very well sorting the letters. She was very proud of her apples, too. Find it here. (I printed these on half sheets of paper. Once again, I don't want to be wasteful of ink or paper.)

M made this easy coil snake. We looked at some pictures of snakes on-line, too. M is certainly too young to understand the reality of Satan, but I thought it was an appropriate activity.
The only book from the local library I could find was Adam and Eve: The Bible Story by Warwick Hutton. It was very clearly biblical with great illustrations.
We did watch The Beginners Bible: The Story of Creation (which included the Fall). We borrowed it from our church library for Creation week and was pleased it included this since it is so abstract.

1 comment:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I like your apple activities, and I agree with you that we need to teach obedience early. It doesn't seem to come inborn (insert a big sigh here).

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10