Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Noah's Ark

Before Labor Day we began our long journey of learning about Noah's Ark.  M was already familiar with this story from one of our board book Bibles.  She really enjoyed this, even though we didn't do any real rainbow projects.

We read lots of books from the library! 
  • Noah's Ark by Jerry Pinkney
  • Two By Two by Barbra Reid
  • Noah's Ark retold by Lucy Cousins (I appreciate that she "retold" it.  The story is not a new one!)
  • and a couple others that I cannot recall the title (and of course we made a trip to the library to return the books...)
Above is the B or b sorting mats.  I shrunk them to use just a half sheet of paper, but the pictures would fill the paper if I hadn't done that. 

One of M's favorite activities was playing Memory with animals.  She did really well!  We used an old checkbook box as an ark!  When one of us made a match, the animals went into the ark!

We also made a sailboat using basic shapes (except the water which was wavy).  It was fun to make, but after we made it, M called it Noah's Ark, so we added some animal stickers. 

We drew some rainbows, but we didn't do anything special with them.  If you want to see our cool fingerprint rainbow (from spring) go here.  It turned out great and still hangs on our fridge!

It's been so long we probably did a few other things that I just can't think of.

It's been a long time since we actually posted about the Bible lessons we are doing.  Life has gotten in the way, I guess.  Hopefully I'll be back to regular Bible themed posting soon!

2 comments:

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I like all of these activities - especially the sort the b/B's one! Also, just wanted to tell you I love the new look of your blog! :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is nice unit, but I do have a question - how can you narrate a story of Noah without your child getting worried about flood and destruction? Anna didn't like the story at all, because basically everyone except Noah died in the flood. Or do you leave the part about what happened to everyone else out?

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10