Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Books That Encourage Speech!!!

If you've been reading here for any length of time, you know I am passionate about helping M find her words and overcome her speech disorder called verbal apraxia.  Well, I am so excited!!  I have learned of books that specifically help children find their voice through beautifully illustrated books.  They aren't just for late talkers, they are for everyone!  A team, including a speech pathologist, has helped create these books written by Angela Holzer.  They are published by Speak With Me Books.  Since I know some of my readers also deal with apraxia and other speech problems, I wanted to share.

There are several titles, and each focuses on a different sound.
Here is a sample page.  I think M would really enjoy this, and she could help me read it, too!
Books are about $9 each, but you can get all six books at a discounted price.  There is also a CD available with slower songs on it.  We do not actually have any yet (nor have we borrowed from the library), but I'd like to get at least one book.
Check it out here.  If you place an order would you tell them I sent you?  Thanks!  Also, you might considering contacting your local library to help get these books on the shelves and accessible to children everywhere!

3 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This will be an awesome resource for parents of young children. Thanks for sharing!

Crystal said...

Thanks for sharing. these look like great books.

Miller Moments said...

Wow, those sound great!

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10