Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Friday, July 1, 2011

Independence and Liberty Preschool Crafts


Last year we made an American flag preschool craft to celebrate Independence Day.  It turned out great, and my daughter still loves to show us American flags!  (Click link to read the details.)

Image from statueofliberty.com
This July we will be focusing more on the Statue of Liberty.  We love to read books about her and learn about the SoL.  This summer we will also be visiting some family in NYC and seeing the Statue of Liberty (though probably from a distance).  I found some fabulous printables for preschoolers.  See the dot to dot, information, and more (especially for older children) and the Statue of Liberty coloring page.  

For books, we recommend The Story of the Statue of Liberty, but our favorite book of our own is The Statue of Liberty (Step into Reading Step 1).  I would like to add L is for Liberty to our collection, too.

Do you have any tips for a short visit to NYC?  Any crafts to reinforce what we'll see and do?  Any book recommendations?

No comments:

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10