Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Friday, February 11, 2011

My New Purse

For years I didn't carry a purse.  I had a wallet that attached to my keys.  I liked it that way.  My "purse" could fit in my back pocket.

Then I started wearing glasses (really since 1st grade but I wore contacts beginning in 8th grade) daily maybe 5 or 6 years ago.  That meant I couldn't go anywhere without my lens cleaner.  I started using a purse.

The past three purses I have made myself from a free pattern.  (#1, #2, #3)  Things are about to change though.  Last week I had an eye appointment and I ordered new lenses for my current glasses (which I really like) and sunglasses to finally give my eyes a break in the sun.  My prescription is strong enough that the transition-type lenses are not recommended for me.  There is no way that my sunglasses will fit in my purse.  My current "stuff" barely fits.  So I broke down and bought a new purse.  This is a really big deal for me.  Not only is it new it's huge.  Let me not exaggerate.  It is huge for me.  While shopping I wanted to look at all the little purses...that were the same size as my current purse.  

Here is my emptied purse.
Curious?  It's mostly the basics.
Ziploc bag=E's Diastat in case of a seizure
Pens
2 wallets (my ever important lens cleaner is in one)
Hand sanitizer
Bubbles (from a wedding and for the kids)
Nail file
Girl stuff
Lotion
Breath mints
Chapstick (x2)
Stickers (for the kids)
Mini notebook (fully out of season)
Calendar
My cell phone is missing from the collection.
I might have a love/hate relationship with this new purse.  It feels as big as a diaper bag!  (It is not, but close.)  It's horribly heavy compared to my fabric purse.  
The best part is that I can fit a book inside!  When I go to church or the doctor's office, I won't need a separate bag to carry my book (or water bottle, sippy cup, snack,or diaper).  Woo-hoo!  

I am so ready for my sunglasses!

If you suddenly had tons of room in your purse, what would you carry?

5 comments:

Ticia said...

Small first aid kit.
A few small toys for the kids.

Like the new purse. My favorite purse (aside from the super small ones I used to have pre-married life) was the one I made from an old pair of pants. It was awesome!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Okay, whatever answer I had been thinking of, I lost the second I read Ticia's - too funny! I'm laughing too hard to type anymore...but I hope you end up liking the purse!

Dorie said...

I like the new purse! Ah, if I had more room in my purse I would probably do the same - put a book in there :-) Although I would really like to do away with carrying a purse at all. I kind of dislike having to 'haul' it around, but it is so convienent with stuff for the children...bandaids, tissues, etc.

Christy Killoran said...

I love your new purse. I should photograph mine because it is HUGE. I carry everything in it - GPS, calendar, activity books for the kids, wound cleanser, hand sanitizer (three different kinds???), a daily wallet, a wallet full of gift cards and coupons,... I could go on, but I'll spare you the nasty details. Unfortunately, I don't clean it out often enough.

Anonymous said...

I like it. I know it is hard to get use to a bigger purse. I usually carry a big purse anyway. In mine I like to carry extra Tastefully Simple books and my Planner.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10