Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Friday, January 8, 2010

Change...Is Needed

I'm not one to make a New Year's resolution.  

That being said, I know there are some areas that I need to really work on.  It's not because it's January, but because things need to change.

 The first is how critical I can be.  It saps the joy out of life.  Derek has gently pointed it out to me on a couple of times...and so it's important for me to work on this.  It's shameful that I am a follower of Jesus, and yet can be sour at times.

Another matter is in friendships.  I don't have many friends...much less than many.  I'm friendly with a lot of women, but it's hard to be friends, I guess.  In mid-December I met a blogging friend, Krista, from Corn Rows and Meadows face to face.  We spent a couple hours at a central location...and thoroughly enjoyed it!  It was a bit of a reality check that I made the time and effort to meet her and yet, there are some ladies who live closer that I'd like to know more, too, that I haven't spent much time with.  As much as I love my blogging friends (and yes, I have learned that real friendships can be developed...as weird as it sounds) real life is here...and important.

At some point soon my clothes will stop fitting...so I need to either stop eating or start exercising.  I love food...so I guess I need to exercise.  Probably a few more fruits and vegetables would be good for me too...since I don't like them much.

Most importantly I need to be spending some time with God.  Daily.  (And yes, before I wrote this post today I did spend some time with Him.)

Feel free to ask me how any of these are going...at any given time.

7 comments:

Goat Gal said...

I hope you succeed. Don't be discouraged by failure just dust yourself off and pick up where you fell off the wagon :)

Miller Moments said...

Thank you for your honesty. I struggle with all of these same issues and it's nice to know I'm not alone. :)

Sheena said...

These are great goals. I'm in the same boat as you on a lot of these things. I have a hard time making friends because of my shyness, I find it easier to write things on the computer than to talk face to face. I've never had a problem with weight until after kids so it's been hard to get into the hang of eating right and exercise, especially since I don't like fruits and veggies either. I've realized I need to spend more daily time with God as well as that will help in the other areas. Anyway, you're not the only one out there that needs to work on these things. It was good for me to read this to know I wasn't alone. Good luck!

Crystal said...

All of these are on my list too! Thanks for sharing. Sometimes in the blogging world it seems like so many people have the perfect life-it nice to know I am not the only one that has things to work on.

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

Oh Annette, I feel for you... I've lived here for 20 years, and have been married and going to the same church, etc. for the past 10 years. I have JUST, in the past 3 years since Matthew was born, started making "real" friends here. It's hard for me too, and I don't think we are alone. I had forgotten at some point how necessary and refreshing time with girlfriends can be. We need each other! It has helped with my attitude too (I hope!). I can be very judgemental and critical... and not just of others (although that is a major part of it) but of myself too! I'll keep you in my prayers, and have to say that although I don't know you personally I always enjoy reading your blog and I think you seem like a wonderful mother and woman! Just your genuine-ness in writing a post like this proves that. :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Good luck in accomplishing your goals! I have some problems making "mom friendships" too - all friendships require nurturing, especially in the beginning, and I find myself lacking energy and determination. I need to get better in my exercise goals too!

Cindy said...

So odd that we both posted about friendship this week. I had lived in the same town since 7th gr. and friends came and went and as I grew older and my family grew it just seemed like I had no time for friends. And then about a yr ago Drew and I joined a playgroup with about 12 moms and tots and I loved it. One of my neighbors was involved in it and before then we had hardly talked. Seriously,they had lived there for 3 yrs and besides just introducing ourselves we barely talked. We soon became close friends and since our backyards were so close our kids just ran from one house to the next. And now, I have moved. But, I now know that friendship is so important. And I really miss her. OK I need to go before I cry. I really hope for the both of us that we find a true friend. Wishing both of us good luck.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10