Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Summer Fun - The summer's been busy. Over breakfast I recently asked Big Sister what she wanted to do that day. She thought of something we hadn't done since the early ...

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Button Snowflake

'
We don't "do" glitter in our home.  Derek has a strong dislike for it.  :)  Frankly, I'm not fond of the mess it makes after the project is completed either.

We have lots of craft sticks, and I wanted to celebrate our snow with a snow craft.  So we made these snowflakes as a variation to glitter snowflakes that I have seen a lot.

Mine were pretty simple.  I glued the four craft sticks together and painted them with white acrylic paint when the glue dried.  (I think silver would look great!)  I wanted M (age 3) to help, so I only used craft glue to attach the buttons, but hot glue may hold better.  M had great fun choosing white buttons and placing them on the glue.  We used a ribbon so that it could be an ornament.

We made a bunch of these button snowflakes.  We kept one for our Christmas tree, and gave the rest away.

We gave one to our neighbors.  They are a family of eight, so I wrote each person's name on a "spoke" with the year 2009 in the center.

(Since the children are both sick...the messy variety...posting may continue to be sporadic as I use the evenings after they are in bed to recover from the day.)

4 comments:

Christy said...

I have wanted to make one of these for a long time and I always forget. Tom despises glitter too. we usually do glitter projects outside or use glitter glue. I hope everyone feels better soon.

artsy_momma said...

That is a neat idea!

I have an award for you:
http://craftsandartforchildren.blogspot.com/2010/01/sunshine-award.html

Raising a Happy Child said...

We don't do glitter either - even dried glitter projects that Anna brings from school shed mercilessly. I really like how your snowflakes turned out. I hope that the kids feel better soon.

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog and I've featured you on mine here:

http://www.mydeliciousambiguity.com/2011/01/winter-crafts-for-toddlers-and.html

Feel free to stop over, say hello and grab a featured button. Thanks for sharing such awesome ideas! Have a great day.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Summer Fun - The summer's been busy. Over breakfast I recently asked Big Sister what she wanted to do that day. She thought of something we hadn't done since the early ...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10