Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

File Folder Puzzle

A long time ago I saw this great project over at My Two Happy Homeschoolers. My friend Jennifer creates lots of projects for her children. She's given me many ideas!
This puzzle uses two file folders, and cropped pictures from cards, calendars, and even a magazine! I used double sided tape, Velcro, and packaging tape to put it all together. The magazine pictures had to be laminated for durability. I also laminated each puzzle piece for the same reason.
On the front cover there are nine puzzle pieces, held in place by Velcro. I used a large circle punch to cut the circles, but you could make a simple square template and cut them out.
I actually had more pictures chosen, but when I cut out the circles, I realized they would be too difficult for M to do. The file folders are simply attached using clear packaging tape. The cards are attached with double sided tape, but glue would work, too.
M enjoyed this game enough that I will probably make another one using Christmas cards. Thanks, Jennifer!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

That is a cute idea!

Unknown said...

Totally excited about the new blog--I'll be following. I know the picture scare disturbed a bunch of the mom bloggers I keep up with...I'm glad you've found a solution that makes you comfortable. Thanks for linking me! :)

kw said...

That's genius!

Bobbi & Noe said...

I love file folder learning! Thanks for the idea!

Eva said...

Wow this is soo neat! I'm definitely going to try it out :)

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10