Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Remember the Heroes - September 11. These figures sit above my kitchen sink. They serve as daily reminder to pray for the police, first responders, and military men and women wh...

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Playing School

Since M began school after her third birthday, she has enjoyed playing school, especially when she finds something suitable to be a pointer.  For over a year she has just pointed to blank wall space.  Not anymore!

On my rare (very rare) visit to Target this fall, I saw they had child-sized pointers in the dollar area.  I promptly picked one up for M and set it aside.

It was almost forgotten, until I awoke about 4:30 Christmas morning.  I did a google search of hundreds charts and alphabet charts and came up with some suitable charts.  (I wish I had a different font for the ABC's, but at that early hour in the morning I was not going to search out anything too special.  They are customizable fonts, too.)  I printed them out on some colorful paper and laminated them.   Before returning to bed, I placed them in her stocking.

I knew I'd wanted to do this for M for a really long time.  I thought I would get to the local-ish teacher store for a couple of charts, but am so glad I did not.  These 8 1/2x11 sized charts are perfect for play.  We are not homeschoolers, so we just use them for (purposeful) play.

4 comments:

Miller Moments said...

What a great mommy you are! And what a fabulous present. She's so cute!

Carrie said...

That's awesome! What a great idea. I LOVED playing school (and library) when I was little so I think that's perfect. Looks like she thinks so as well.

Shonda said...

Hi Annette- I'm not sure if you know or follow my other blog, but it's about learning with little ones. I know you have a little one just like me. Anyway, I've got lots of posts coming up this month and a giveaway soon. www.milknhoneylearnandgrow.blogspot.com. Playing school is fun!

Jennifer said...

You win Mom of the Year for getting up at 4:30 to print stuff to add to a Christmas stocking!!!

You rock!!

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Remember the Heroes - September 11. These figures sit above my kitchen sink. They serve as daily reminder to pray for the police, first responders, and military men and women wh...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10