Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Meet Maud...

I know I have been writing a lot about books recently.  Sorry if you are not interested...but I'm going to write about Lucy Maud Montgomery again.  First I should tell you I should not have so freely called her Lucy in my introductory post to the L.M. Montgomery Challenge.  I've read in two bios that she went by Maud, not Lucy.

I finished Anne of Windy Poplars.  It was a lovely book, written in "letter style" for the most part.  The letters were from Anne to her fiance Gilbert and were typical "Anne style" being highly descriptive with many adjectives and a rosy outlook on all of life.

Despite a very, very difficult beginning of her teaching and being the principal in Summerside, she wins over the town...even those who hate her.  She befriends a special little girl next door to her, giving her love for the first time in her life.  The book spans her three years in Summerside where she is principal, though she visits Green Gables several times.  I was sad to see the book end, which is weird since I have Anne's House of Dreams ready to begin.  But really, it is the end of Anne's girlhood.  The book ends with her anticipating her wedding to Gilbert...and that is where Anne's House of Dreams begins.

You might be wondering why I am writing once again about the LMM Challenge.  Well, you see, for each book I read and post about, I earn a chance at winning a lovely locket.  So I post, and you can too if you join the challenge.   For now, I'm off to read Anne's House of Dreams.

No comments:

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10