Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Children's Mystery Challenge

I'm going to join in the Children's Classics Mystery Challenge at 5 Minutes for Books.  I'm not sure what I'm going to read, but I think Nancy Drew and I need to meet again.  I remember meeting Trixie Belden, but not Nancy.  However, I am sure I have.  How could I not?  Do you remember Encyclopedia Brown?  He and I were well acquainted when I was a kid.

There is a used book store in town (that is associated with the library).  Unfortunately, it's not opened until 11 am.  It makes it hard to get there with M coming home from school around 11:30-11:45, and needing lunch right away.  Oh, and E still takes a morning nap.  I hope to get there this week and check out their selection.  Normally I don't buy many books, but I think classics can only do our family's library good!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'VE actually never read Encyclopedia Brown so I'm half hopeful that you'll revisit him so that I can learn more about him!

At any rate, I'm glad you are "in" on the challenge.

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Oh, I loved Encyclopedia Brown AND Trixie Belden!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I really need to visit our used bookstore to see what I can find. The library gave me a good start on Encyclopedia Brown, but I'd love to look more. But yes -- it IS hard to get there with little ones.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10