Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Monday, October 5, 2009

Cookie Cutter Painting

When my mother-in-law gave us a great set of flower cookie cutters, I don't think she thought we'd be using them this way. We dipped the cookie cutters in tempera paint and "stamped" them on paper. I love the way the yellow popped off the page, though it doesn't show in the picture. After we made lots of flowers, M used her finger to color the centers.
This was the card that we made for Grandpa Clark's birthday. Happy birthday!
Honestly, I thought it would be neat to see some color mixing; however, M did not overlap the flowers much.
We save lids. They make a wonderful paint palette. I just used a napkin to store the flowers when they weren't in use.
Sometime soon we'll have to make some sugar cookies to use the cookie cutters again.
Don't forget to enter the giveaway! It's great for a beginner or experienced sewer!

5 comments:

Miller Moments said...

I think this is such a fun idea. I've been thinking about getting some Halloween cookie cutters and painting with them. You could do it with every holiday and season.

Jenny said...

We've never used our cookie cutters with paint...thanks for the idea! Also, I love the idea of using lids for paint. I always waste a paper plate.

Izzie, Mac & Me said...

Such a cute idea!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

These turned out so cute! We have some play-doh "cookie" cutters, and I think we'll use them in this way sometime soon - thanks for the idea! I love the finger dot centers!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Very pretty! We tried stamping with play-doh shapes before, but somehow it didn't work out too well. Yours are so much better.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10