Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

Now blogging at THIS SIMPLE HOME.

At This Simple Home

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Must Try Cinnamon Rolls



(Sorry this post looks so goofy!)


Derek got me a breadmaker for my birthday one year when we were dating.  He knew my love of fresh bread!  Shortly after his mom gave me a breadmaker cookbook.  In it was a recipe for delicious cinnamon rolls.  We used that recipe for YEARS.  (Derek even made those cinnamon rolls when he proposed to me!)
However good (and easy) those cinnamon rolls were, these are so much better!  The recipe is from allrecipes.com.  They are called Clone of a Cinnabon, and they really are quite close, if you follow the directions closely!  These are a bit time consuming to make, but well-worth it.
You know how Cinnabon's rolls are sometimes gooey on the inside?  If these aren't completely cooked they are like that, too.
Clone of a Cinnabon
Dough:
1 cup warm milk 
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup margarine (or butter), melted 
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Filling:  
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened
 Frosting:
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1.     Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
2.     After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
3.     Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup soft butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
4.     Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15+ minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
5.     Turn rolls upside-down before frosting them.  (I turn out on a cookie sheet and then return them into the baking pan by sliding them in.)  Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.

2 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

I am definitely making these soon. I'm thinking Easter morning.

Ticia said...

oh yummy, I'm such a Cinnabon fan.

This Simple Home (The New Blog)

  • Homemade Magic Shell - I remember having Magic Shell once as a child. The chocolate syrup drizzled over my ice cream magically turned crispy hard. Mmm... So I was rather excited t...

Follow This Simple Home

Best Blogger Tips

sitemeter 2.16.10